COVID-19 and the Future of Dental Practice: 2021 World Oral Health Forum (Session 1 of 2)
More than 18 months after the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, dental practice has been changed in important and multiple ways. Practice recommendations continue to evolve with our understanding of SARS-CoV-2 transmission and the roll-out of vaccines. This webinar will look at how dental practice has changed since late 2019 and ask: what does the future hold?
This webinar is the first of two sessions that will make up the 2021 World Oral Health Forum (WOHF), as part of the 2021 ADA FDI World Dental Congress Special Edition. The WOHF is an annual event that brings together diverse stakeholders to discuss a major challenge on the road to achieving optimal oral health.
Presentations will address:
- Responding to the outbreak: Developing and issuing guidance for dental practice during COVID-19
- Practitioner’s Risk of Exposure and Infection Control Needs
- Vaccination and implications for dental practice
- Future preparedness: How to make sure dentistry is ready for the next pandemic?
- Understand how dental practice guidance has changed during the pandemic and how it may evolve in the coming years.
- Understand current knowledge about infection risk and implications for future infection prevention and control measures.
- Understand the impact of vaccination on dental practice.
Release date: 2021-08-12 | Expiration date: 2024-08-12