Emerging digital modalities, 3D imaging and artificial intelligence in Dentistry
Advanced Digital Diagnostic modalities including Cone Beam CT
In the two decades following adaptation of various digital modalities in dentistry, including the digital intraoral radiography, cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) and the emerging digital modalities like intraoral scanning, dentists noticed the value of digital imaging. One cannot underestimate the value of digital imaging for applications in diagnostic radiology, oral and maxillofacial surgery for presurgical evaluation of maxillofacial skeleton in three dimensions, the evolution of 3D printing and finally the creation of a digital clone. The future seems exciting with so many digital options. The introduction of artificial intelligence-based clinical applications paved way for tremendous research in the area of AI and possibly led to another digital revolution. The applications of digital imaging are extensive and applicable in every dental special specialties. Understanding the principles involved in all the digital modalities, translation of such principles to clinical practice will lead the general dental practitioner to be a well-informed and competent dental practitioner. The presentation will prepare the audience to be the clinician of the future.
- To understand the basic concepts in various digital diagnostic modalities
- To understand the role of CBCT for diagnosis of oral and maxillofacial pathology and introduction of Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- To be able to use all digital modalities and create a digital clone of a patient for better treatment outcome
- To understand the role of digital imaging in dental diagnosis
- To understand the role of CBCT in disease detection and treatment planning for dental implants
- To understand the role of artificial intelligence in the future of dental diagnostics
Release date: 2022-06-14 | Expiration date: 2025-06-14
Level 2 Normal
Tribune Group GmbH is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Tribune Group designates this activity for 1.5 continuing education credits.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Tribune Group GmbH and Dental Tribune International GmbH.