Enhancing periodontal treatment and care through multidisciplinary teamwork for oral and systemic health
This webinar is a preview session for the ADA FDI 2021 World Dental Congress Special Edition. For more information about the event, scientific programme and registration, visit https://2021.world-dental-congress.org/
Periodontal diseases as one of the major global epidemics and health burdens markedly affect oral health and closely link to systemic health/general wellbeing, with enormous socio-economic impacts and healthcare costs. A huge challenge facing general dentists is how to successfully manage periodontitis patients for predictable treatment outcomes and long-term health maintenance.
This Symposium shares the latest scientific evidence/rationales, new strategies/approaches and best practices, through four featured topics on:
(1) Management of susceptible patients for oral/systemic health: rationale, key issues & personalized healthcare;
(2) Effective periodontal treatment/care in daily practice: clinical guidelines;
(3) Comprehensive periodontal care in daily practice: principles, strategic framework & must-know of corrective (surgical) treatment in clinical practice; and
(4) Dental implant therapy for periodontitis patients: best practices.
- Understand the scientific rationales/key issues for effective periodontal treatment/care in daily practice
- Appreciate the scientific updates on personalized medicine/periodontics in managing susceptible patients for oral and systemic health
- Understand the importance of multidisciplinary teamwork and adopt the principles/strategic framework for treating severe/Stage IV periodontitis patients
- Learn how to undertake implant treatment for periodontitis patients using best practices
Release date: 2021-09-20 | Expiration date: 2024-09-20
Tribune Group GmbH is an ADA CERP Recognized Provider.
ADA CERP is a service of the American Dental Association to assist dental professionals in identifying quality providers of continuing dental education. ADA CERP does not approve or endorse individual courses or instructors, nor does it imply acceptance of credit hours by boards of dentistry. Tribune Group designates this activity for 1 continuing education credits.
This continuing education activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the standards of the ADA Continuing Education Recognition Program (ADA CERP) through joint efforts between Tribune Group GmbH and Dental Tribune International GmbH.
What is role of diets in pathogenesis of periodontal diseases
Is the residual bleeding always due to sub calculus left behind after RCD
Isn’t biofilm or plaque a natural element in the mouth? Animals have plaque and calculus. Do they have periodontitis as well? Is it only humans who are obsessive about removing plaque?
As diabetes and periodontitis is having bidirectional relationship
So is their any definitive method to analyse diabetes is causing periodontitis or periodontitis is causing diabetes
What antibiotic would you recommend for severe periodontitis?
Thank you to the speakers for the interesting presentations. Continuing on the biomarker topic, how about self-reported oral health measures instead?
what solution do you recommend for disinfection of pockets after root scaling?
What will you say is the risk factor that is least associated with periodontal disease progression? ie. amongst plaque, smoking, age, stress and diabetes
What do you mind about the difference of using electric or handbrushes at perio patients?
why doxycycline as an antibiotic and not others
What is the most recommandation for the infrabony defect in the aesthetic area ?
What is the main microorganism in pregnancy induced gingivitis?
Thanks Prof. Revert to explain Simply and Effectively the Difficult Subject of Peri-implantitis…!!..
Prof. Renvert impressive as usual. thank you for this edifying presentation. do you have any opinion or experience with the galavano erlectric decontamination of implants with periimplantitis, namely the use of Galvosurge*?
Please type your questions in this box and they will be addressed by our experts at the end of the presentation, during the Q&A session.
hello everyone thank you for the nice presentation,what is the biomarker involved in periodontal disease?