Interprofessional collaboration in cancer care
People living with cancer face many challenges when it comes to healthcare, oral health being one of them, as 30 to 35% of people receiving cancer therapy develop oral complications. Every health professional involved in the continuum of cancer care must be aware of these specific side effects on oral health and should be able to take the necessary measures to avoid them. Strengthening collaboration and knowledge between oral health professionals and other health professionals in the cancer care team is essential.
Experts from professional organizations, members of the World Health Professions Alliance, and the International Society of Oral Oncology will be discussing this topic from their professional perspective.
- FDI World Dental Federation
- International Society of Oral Oncology
- International Pharmaceutical Federation
- International Council of Nurses
- The World Medical Association
- Understand the role that different health professionals play in the cancer care pathway
- Learn about the best ways to collaborate with all members of the cancer care team
- Identify the challenges faced by members of the cancer care team in collaborating with other professionals
Release date: 2023-01-23 | Expiration date: 2026-01-23
Level 2 Normal