Prof. Paulo Melo
Area of scientific activity
- Oral Health – promotion and prevention in deprived communities (different places in Portugal).
- Cariology: Epidemiology, prevention e etiological factors (microbiology, nutrition, saliva, dental physiopathology, immunology).
- Fluoride – preventive and therapeutic actions
- Clinical Cariology: diagnostic and therapeutic tools for early treatment of dental caries lesions.
- Operative Dentistry – adhesion, restorative materials and techniques.
Conferences and Courses
- More than 50 national and international participations in meetings and courses
- Wrote opinion and scientific abstracts in several national and internationsl journals and magazines.
Mechanical engineer with 16 years of Dental product and business experience from designing disruptive restorative or endodontics solutions to business strategies.
After graduating from the university of Vienna I started my career in marketing which led me to my current position as Global Marketing Director Professional Oral Care at Unilever.
Prof. Dr. Rainer Seemann
Prof. Dr. Rainer Seemann, DMD, PhD (Dr. med. dent. habil.), MBA is Vice President Global Clinical Research and acting Chief Clinical Officer at Dentsply Sirona and Professor at the Department of Operative-, Preventive- and Pediatric Dentistry of the University Berne, Switzerland. Dr. Seemann studied Dentistry in Berlin, Germany and worked in several positions at the Dental School of the Charité, Berlin University Clinic, Germany before joining Dentsply Sirona. He finished his PhD (habilitation) in 2006 and holds an MBA in Health Care Management since 2007.